1. POSY HAIR + BODY OIL
This list isn’t arranged in any particular order, but we thought we should start with our latest Staff Pick. We absolutely adore this all-over beauty oil. Posy moisturizes the hair and skin with a botanical blend of hydrating oils.Its organic ingredient list revitalizes you with all-natural fatty acids, creating lasting shine from head to toe. No more wash day chaos. Say goodbye to mid-day ash. Posy Hair + Body Oil is a go-to solution that’s designed to last.
2. MELANIN ESSENTIALS SKIN ENHANCING SWEET APRICOT BODY BUTTERWhen the weather changes, hydration and moisturization top every Black woman’s to-do list. Harsh cold air and drying HVAC systems can take a toll on our hair and skin. The Sweet Apricot Body Butter from Melanin Essentials is an irresistible cocktail of rich butters and oils. Beautifully blended to reveal the depth of its tempting aroma, a mixture of shea and mango butter nourishes every cell on your body.
3. HEALING PLACE APOTHECARY HYDRATING FACE KITThis 3-piece kit tackles every step of your facial care routine, using a hand-selected blend of plant-based ingredients. Start by cleansing your pores with the Healing Face Cleanser made with liquid African black soap. Next, indulge in the aromatic scent shared by the kit’s rosewater Revitalizing Face Toner. Last, but certainly not least, treat your skin to the whipped Nourishing Face Moisturizer made with a blend of vitamins and green tea. Purifying, moisturizing, and mineral-rich, this mild-astringent set balances your pH levels with each application. Made for everyone, it’s great for normal to dry and even sensitive skin.
4. INUA MORINGA, TURMERIC, & NEEM EXFOLIATING BODY SCRUBAs soon as you wash this rich vitamin C scrub from your skin, you’ll feel brand new. Organic sea salts exfoliate dead skin and removes toxins from your pores, leaving you glowing brighter than ever before. INUA added natural moringa enzymes to its exfoliating body scrub, creating a luminescent finishing touch. With the help of African shea, moisturizing aloe vera and vitamin E, your skin will be soothed for hours on end.
Big brands tether around words like “natural” and plaster plant-based ingredients on their labels but, if you take a second look, the coconut oil and olive oil they promised are barely in the mix.
Click to Tweet
5. BLK + GRN 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDSOur pure essential oil blends can enhance any of your favorite beauty or household products. Aromatherapy is known to create a calming environment, wherever the oils are used. Awaken your senses with the refreshing scent of Eucalyptus + Mint or wind down at the end of the day with the help of Lavender + Tea Tree to soothe your senses. BLK + GRN 100% Pure Essential Oils are made without synthetic ingredients or additives. With 101 ways to enjoy these oils, we sure they’ll bring you plenty of satisfaction, no matter how you decide to enjoy them.
6. MOVITA WOMEN’S DAILY MULTIVITAMINThe best beauty routines start inside your body. Movita has prepared a daily remedy that addresses everything related to women’s health, in a single multivitamin. Satisfy your body’s needs with a blend of nourishing vitamins and minerals paired to treat the breasts, reproductive health, bone density, and even heart-related ailments. Certified organic and vegan-friendly, these the Motiva daily multivitamin doesn’t contain any traces of dairy, meat, or egg. Intentionally grown to promote easy absorption, when you think of Movita, think of the mantra of the classic film, “Coming to America” – it fuels your body on the power of juices and berries (plus veggies and herbs…).
7. HUNNYBUNNY SWEET & SALTY PINK HIMALAYAN SALT SCRUBSince we’re on the topic of refreshing scents, this oil-infused Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub from HunnyBunny will make you head over heels. Natural salts provide a deep clean, leaving you with a luxurious spa-like treatment. Coconut, jojoba, cherry, and rose are just a few of the tempting oils used to clear, moisturize, and rejuvenate your skin. (And we can’t forget the touch of honey in this silk-smooth recipe.) If you love this blend, try the lemon sugar scrub next!
8. THE HONEYPOT SUPER HERBAL PADS WITH WINGSAs much as we’d like to continue the menstrual-less fairytale of flawless skin and perfect hair days, it’s just not realistic. Follow The Honey Pot’s saying and “Make peace with your period™” using these all-natural plant-based sanitary napkins. Incredibly absorbent, each herbal-infused pad cools on contact. Free of chlorine and pesticides, these leak-free herbal pads create a therapeutic menstrual experience that’s absolutely revolutionary. From now on, your cycle will remind you of the calming scent of lavender, aloe vera, and roses. That sounds a lot better than some of the artificial alternatives.
9. NATURALANNIE ESSENTIALS HAPPY EDGES HAIR GROWTH OILBlack women and our edges almost form a family bond. Between the stress on your follicles caused by protective styling or the harmful effects of a chemical-ridden hair care routine, there are a lot of women in the world with thinning edges. Fortunately, Naturalannie Essentials has created the messiah of hair growth oils; a scalp-nourishing formula that cleanses, strengthens, and supports hair growth through a blend of all-natural plants, herbs, and essential oils.
10. DEMOSEA TRIO FLORAL-INFUSED BODY OILThere’s no way we could create a list of our top 10 favorites without including this celestial trio. Cold-pressed plant-based oils are infused with sensational botanicals to transform your everyday beauty routine into a real-life fantasy. Lavender and Lilac, French Neroli Rose, and Pretty Pink Grapefruit treat your skin to the multidimensional benefits of all natural essential oils. Massage Demosea Trio Floral-Infused Body Oil into your skin or place a few drops into your bath water for a tempting experience. In truth, we could do this all day. Our entire inventory is filled with Black-owned beauty products that we’d put against any of the big brand names. From fortifying cleansers to deep conditioners and even feminine wash, we’re here to put an end to the belief that Black-owned products don’t include things that can get us through our daily lives. These brands, along with the many others found on BLK + GRN prove that we can take care of ourselves using all-natural products that are as good for our bodies as they are for the environment. Maybe it’s bigger than beauty. Maybe it’s a lifestyle. No matter how you see it, we’d love to hear more about the Black-owned brands you swear by. Tell us your favorites in the comments.