Episode 2: Honey Pot Part Two - Beatrice Dixon
About the Artisan: Honey Pot: Beatrice Dixon
The Honey Pot was born out of one woman's need to naturally heal herself. Beatrice became a woman on a mission, searching for natural remedies to help prevent these dangerous infections. Rather than stay locked in a vicious cycle of taking antibiotics that would temporarily fight the infection only for it to reemerge later, Beatrice charged ahead and created The Honey Pot Feminine Wash - her very own natural healing aid.
Her mission is to educate, support, and provide women around the world with the tools and resources that promote feminine health and wellness. She does this by engaging and empowering the women she serves one healthy honey pot at a time.
Through her functional plant-based feminine care system, her goal is to provide women with a healthy alternative to feminine care that is free of chemicals, parabens, carcinogens, and sulfates. Her washes are gynecologist approved, clinically tested and pH balanced. Say hello to the future of feminine care.
Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want to Miss:
- Clean products, in general, are the minority
- Be black, be a woman, but show up as a businesswoman.
- You will be successful if you keep it authentic
- Every business will go through growing pains
Check Out These Highlights:
- Needing both the big box stores and smaller retailers to be successful (2:16)
- Keeping your authenticity (5:32)
- The expectation of showing up as an angry black woman. (10:06)
- The issue with Shea Moisture (16:00)
- The negativity surrounding black-owned businesses (23:00)
- "If you want to be successful in the consumer packaged goods industry you need volume."
- "I am 3 years into a successful business when people told me I wouldn't be able to make it."
- "All I see is my north star; I don't see nothing else."