Episode 15: Natural Annie Essentials - Annie White Brown
There isn’t a lot of regulation for what goes into mainstream personal care products and how they’re labeled, so it’s really important to know there are people who are in our corner and producing products that will not only benefit us, but help us thrive.
One of our artisans, Annie White Brown, is doing just that. Owner of NaturalAnnie Essentials, Annie creates products using the ancient practices of her Jamaican roots, using top-of-the-line essential oils and herbs to create natural beauty products and soy candles.
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss:
- Natural products give us the opportunity to heal ourselves sometimes better than other options.
- Self care can be simple, but it’s a choice.
- Wellness can happen for anyone at any phase of their lives.
Check Out These Highlights:
- Annie talks about what essential oils are and how they can be used to benefit the body. (6:12)
- A discussion on why buying black is important. (13:45)
- How to create a personal wellness lifestyle. (15:24)
- Annie talks about balancing motherhood, entrepreneurship, and self care. (18:58)
- “Representation matters.”
- “We shouldn’t have to beg to be represented.”
- “I have the power to change the outlook of my day.”